History

In 1892 Jacob Witkop acquired the farm after moving to Traverse City from Bierrum Holland. Not long after the farm was passed down to Jacob’s son John and his wife Mary in 1918 where they raised five children. Years later the farm was given to John and Mary’s second son Hiram where he raised four of his own children with his wife Jane.

In 1995 Michael Witkop returned to his family farm with his wife Laverna and purchased the farm from his father Hiram. In an effort to continue the Jacob’s Farm legacy Mike and Laverna launched Jacob’s Farm Enterprises, LLC in early 2008 and created their first corn maze that Fall.

Jacob’s Farm has been owned and operated by the Witkop family since 1892 and is recognized by the State of Michigan’s Historical Commission as a Centennial Farm.